eduroam(education roaming) services started originally under TERENA in Europe, and now is accepted by the research and education community as the de-facto standard for Wi-Fi. In Japan, the provider of eduroam is the Japanese National Institute of Informatics (NII). Anyone who has eduroam account as a student, a faculty/staff member from a participating institution can connect to the eduroam network available on campus.
Connect to eduroam
In case KIT faculty/staff member and students use eduroam network in other eduroam organizations
Those who meet any of the following conditions can apply:
- @kit.ac.jp domain (For Faculty/staff members)
- @edu.kit.ac.jp domain (For Students※)
※Graduate students(Master’s Programs, Doctoral Programs) can apply. If you are undergraduate students, you need to belong to your laboratory.
- @jim.kit.ac.jp domain (For office staff members)
Follow the steps below:
- Apply via the online application.
How to connect eduroam at KIT
- If you are researchers, teachers, students, staff from eduroam participating institutions, you need to complete any procedures at your own institution before visiting KIT.
- If you are NOT researchers, teachers, students, staff from GakuNin participants, you need to visit Federated ID Service and obtain your ID/Password.
- Connect to the SSID “eduroam”.
- Enter your username followd by @domain in the Username field & Password in the Password field.
- Click OK.
You cannot access the resources such as websites that are only accessible within KIT.※>
- Live Streaming
Ustream, Niconico Live (843/tcp, 1935/tcp, 2805-2899/tcp, 6660-6669/tcp)
PPTP (GRE, 1723/udp)
IPsec (AH, ESP, 500/udp, 4500/udp)
OpenVPN (1194/tcp, 1194/udp)
L2TP (1701/tcp, 1701/udp)
※KIT members who have made SSL-VPN availavle can access to the internal-only resources by using it.